Places to Visit and things to do in Liverpool
Liverpool exploded into life in the 18th century, rapidly turning from a small town into one of the world’s most important port cities. For 200 years, it eclipsed most of Europe in the trading stakes – nationally and internationally, Liverpool was where it was at. What does that mean for the visitor today? You’ve only to look up: a skyline that’s part of a World Heritage Site, a waterfront that never fails to impress, and Georgian streets that are as graceful as they are grand. It is these architectural cheekbones that, along with the grand sweep of the River Mersey, make Liverpool such a visual treat. Sure, the city was for years on its uppers, its post-industrial decline as swift as it was comprehensive. But Liverpool has reinvented itself, as a Capital of Culture, as the home of the UK’s leading visual arts event, Liverpool Biennial, as the place where artists make work and where a new, creative future is being written. It is this combination of grace and ambition, wit and occasional decay that it typical of Liverpool; all this and the fact that it is one of the friendliest cities we know. Like the Liver Birds sitting atop the city’s most famous building, one turned to the sea, one turned to home, Liverpool is a city with a world view, yet a place with a personal, personable one too. Places to visit locally are listed below for just a few ideas of where to go and what to see in the Northwest.
Look out for our tours and days out special offers.
- The Albert Dock- Shopping ,Bars and Restaurants on the River front.
- The Beatles Story- Located at the Albert Dock a must for any Beatles Fan
- Liverpool FC Anfield tour- Tour & Museum Adults: £12 (£11 online bookings)Concessions*: £7 (£6.50 online bookings)Family Ticket**: £30 (£29 online bookings) Click here
- Goodison- Adults - £8.50 Children Under 16 - £5.00 Family Ticket -£20.00 (2 Adults and 2 Under 16s)-
- The Empire Theatre- - Located in the center of town one Liverpools oldest theatres
- Liverpool One- - Shopping for all the family, Bars and Cinema
- Grand National Aintree- - World renowned race course
- Blackpool- - The Tower, fair ground, pier and famous Lights not to be missed.
- The Cavern Club- - Located on Mathew St. always a lively atmosphere!
- Mathew Street Festival- - August bank holiday weekend event, a 5 stage free event.
- Ladies Day Aintree- - Now as famous as the national itself.
- Royal Birkdale Golf- - World's top golfers arrive to battle for the trophy.
- North Wales Coast- - Too many resorts to mention along this beautiful coast line.
- Anglesea- - Island full of castles and views and Irish ferry port at Holyhead
- Seacat Ferry Terminal- - Ferry port in Liverpool to the Isle of Man
- The Lake District- - Windermere, Whitehaven the list is endless
- Caines Brewery Tour- - Visit the Caines Brewery and see how Liverpools ales are made.
- Southport- - Victorian Sea Side resort with something for all the family.
- Creamfields- - Our annual Dance event is top of the list for the biggest names and atmosphere.More here.
- The Echo Arena- - Liverpools newest addition now staging acts from around the world , for further information and line up this year Click here
- Summer Pops- - The line up each year just get better!
- Chester- - This Roman Walled City offers something for all ages, a must visit if your in the northwest.
- Haydock Racecourse- -See todays and this weeks line up Click here.
- Oulton Park race Track- - One of Britains best race tracks, Track Days or Touring Cars just a 40 minute drive from Liverpool.
- Alton Towers- - Rated Britains number one theme park allow us to get you there hassle free.
- Camelot- - Just 30 minutes from Liverpool a whole lot of fun.
- Speke Hall- - This National trust property is hidden away in the south of Liverpool, why not make a day of it?.
- Forthlin Road- - Paul McCartney's old home restored to former style and glory.
- Corporate Days- - Allow us to take care of all your transportation needs.For ideas on events and prices Click here.
- Go Karting- - A great days for kids big and small, young and old ask us about local events.
- Bultins Holiday Camps- - Butlins anyone? Let us get you there in style and comfort.
- Pontins Holiday Camps- - Prestatyn Sands, Southport or Blackpool we'll get you there on time!